If you are a Colorado undergraduate interested in working as an intern for some of the best startups in Colorado, this event is for you.
Jim Franklin, CEO of SendGrid, will be giving an hour-long crash course on an important entrepreneurial topic: how to build a business out of an idea. The crash course is meant to give a sampling of what interns participating in the Startup Summer program can expect this upcoming summer.
The event will start at 6 pm with the crash course concluding by 7; an hour of networking and refreshments will follow for interested students to ask questions and learn more about the program.
Startup Summer is looking for Colorado’s most dedicated and driven aspiring young entrepreneurs to participate in an immersive summer program offering the opportunity both to work as a paid intern for a Boulder/Denver startup and to attend a variety of evening events, including a weekly seminar series on entrepreneurship. Startup Summer offers:
- A paid ten-week internship with a Boulder/Denver startup; the internship will include frequent interaction with the company founders and management team
- The Startup Summer Seminar Series featuring prominent entrepreneurs teaching classes on entrepreneurship
- A weekly social event with business leaders in the community
- A close-knit community with your peers in Startup Summer through group housing in Boulder
- An end-of-summer competition with an opportunity to win mentorship from some of Boulder’s finest entrepreneur and investors.
We are looking for interns that understand the value of this experience and are willing to immerse themselves in this summer program. To be accepted into Startup Summer, you should:
- Be a rising sophomore, junior or senior actively enrolled in a four year program in Colorado
- Have an academic focus in business, engineering, or computer science (preferred but not required)
- Produce two letters of reference
- Have a drive for entrepreneurship and innovation in business and technology
- Have a business idea at any stage of development
- Be willing to live together in Startup Summer group housing.
Visit boulderstartups.org for a tentative list of participating companies, a complete description of Startup Summer, and the Startup Summer application. If you have additional questions, please contact our Program Coordinator, Eugene Wan, at email@example.com